You will need:
1. A ruler with inch or millimeter measurements
2. A piece of non-stretching string, or paper
3. Felt marker or pen
How to meaure your wrist for an adjustable bangle bracelet:
1. Start by cutting your string approximately 10 inch long (25cm). If you’re using paper, cut a strip no more than 1/2 inch (12mm) thick, approximately 10 inch (25cm) long. This is your tape measure.
2. Carefully wrap the string or paper around your wrist, so that it fits nicely, but not too snug.
3. Line up your edges & mark the overlapping section with your pen.
4. Unwrap your wrist, and measure with your ruler the length of the paper from tip to dot marking. This is your wrist size.
5. For adjustable bangle bracelets, this is the only measurement you need.
To measure for a fixed size bangle bracelet:
1. Complete above steps 1-4.
2. Squeeze your hand together as if you were sliding on an imaginary bangle bracelet. You are wanting to measure the width of your knuckles & thumb, to find the thickest part of your hand.
3. Wrap your string (or paper) around this part of your hand. Make sure you can side the string/paper up and over your full hand. Do not fit snugly.
4. Mark with your pen the overlap at the widest part of your hand.
5. Unwrap your hand & measure against a ruler from the end of the string to your second (larger) mark.
6. Write down this size so you do not forget it.
7. This is your largest bangle size. When ordering your bracelet , be sure to include both measurements (your wrist and your largest hand size), to ensure your fixed bracelet will be able to slide on and off easily.
Indian Bangles are sized by their diameter, The unit of measurement is inches.
An inch is further divided into 16 sections. So, when a bangle size is 2-8 (pronounced two eight), it means the diameter of the bangle is 2 inches plus 8 / 16 sections of the inch. Which is 2 and half inches. In other words this size will be 2.5".
Compare your hand circumference to the bangle circumference in the chart below.Purchase bangles that are the next size up from your actual hand measurement.
OVAL FIT BANGLE
The fitting measurements for oval bangles differ from that of round bangles.
Please use the following formula to calculate your Oval Fit bangle size.
Simply add 3mm to your comfortable Round Fit bangle size.
For example, if a Round Fit 65mm bangle fits comfortably, add 3mm to this measurement to determine your Oval Fit size
65mm plus 3mm equals 68mm.
Note Oval Fit dimension is measured from internal widest point to widest point
|Indian Bangle Size Chart |
|Size ||In Inches ||In Centimeters |
|Inner Diameter ||Inner Circumference ||Inner Diameter ||Inner Circumference |
|Extra Small ||2-4 ||2.25 ||7.06 ||5.7 ||17.96 |
|Small ||2-6 ||2.37 ||7.45 ||6 ||18.95 |
|Medium ||2-8 ||2.5 ||7.85 ||6.4 ||19.94 |
|Large ||2-10 ||2.62 ||8.24 ||6.6 ||20.93 |
|Extra Large ||2-12 ||2.75 ||8.63 ||7 ||21.95 |